Thursday, July 25, 2013

Another RTW... on a Thursday!

I'm a day late, but hey, who cares?

This Week's Topic: If you could escape somewhere (anywhere!) for the summer, where would it be?

I like this one, and I barely had to think about it before I got my answer -

It's my dream to thru-hike the Appalachian Trail at some point in my life (preferably while I'm still young. Hear that AARP? I'm only 26, stop sending me insurance pamphlets!). First of all, I love to hike... I mean, who doesn't, right? Second, it would be a major accomplishment to hike the entire 2,180 miles in one go!

So, if I could escape anywhere for a whole summer (and spring... and fall...), I would definitely spend it hiking the A.T., taking in all of it's beautiful wonders, and becoming completely detached from the technology that we have become so dependent on. And then, once I've reached Mt. Katahdin, and have found my way back home to recover, I would write a book about my epic experience!

~A

No comments:

Post a Comment